Thursday, September 11, 2008

Jolene's BIG day!

This past Tuesday my youngest, Jolene, had quite a day!

First, she had her first RECITAL dance class for the year. She has had dance classes before, but not a full year and recital. She knew many of the steps of her sisters' dances from last year, so we'll see how it goes. Here she is in her class...






I hate the glare from the glass, but at least I get to see what she is doing. If I went in to take the pictures, it would just cause too much havoc. :)



Also on this day, my baby got her haircut for the first time! We went to Sweet & Sassy, a place for girls only. I wanted to make it special since it was her first hair cut. Here she is at the start, you can see the slight smile on her face...




And here she is after getting her hair wet. She is not quite sure what to think...





And THEN, she is unhappy with the tugging and waiting...







She was quite unhappy with the styling, as the hairdresser used a hair dryer and flat iron...





I think, though, that she is happy with the end result and so am I. Her daddy isn't too thrilled with the bangs, because he thinks it makes her look so different. But, as I have always told him, the hair will grow out...




And, of course, the hairdresser added the signature glitter star on her cheek and the glitter in the hair :)

2 comments:

Amber H. said...

I love how she looks less and less happy in each picture! LOL! Her bangs look really cute to me though :o) That place looks really fun!

Lisa said...

Glitter makes any girl smile!