Saturday, June 14, 2008

Marissa's Dance Pictures

My oldest, daugther, Marissa, will be in her dance recital next Saturday, June 21st. I will post pictures of her rehersal later (we can't take flash photography during the recital, but can during rehersal). Yesterday, she had her individual dance picture taken. Our neighbor and friend, Kelly, helped me out tremendously by getting Marissa ready. Kelly's daughter, Natali, was just in her recital and had a phony pony that she let Marissa borrow for her pics. I think it turned out fabulously, and so did her dance instructor. She wants me to put it up again for the recital. Here are some pictures that I took of Kelly doing Marissa's hair and makeup (please try to ignore all the toys in the background UGH!) ...







My husband does not like how much makeup goes on Marissa for these recitals, but I think she looks awesome on stage. I think it mainly bothers him because he doesn't want to see her "all grown up looking". And she certainly looks alot older with makeup on. See for yourself...









Here are a couple more poses that we did at home. I won't get the professional pictures for a while...






2 comments:

Amber H. said...

wow, she is so beautiful with and without makeup! I see why your hubby doesn't like it, he is probably getting flash forwards to what his future will be like with two beautiful teenage daughters...watch out! :o) She looks great!

Aunt Nettie said...

What a beauty!