Saturday, April 12, 2008

I'm gonna try this out

Well, I have decided to start a personal blog about myself and my family. It will probably contain more about my kids than myself, but that is okay....they are perfect subjects!

There are a couple of reasons why I am starting to blog...I started writing in my journal about my girls a few days ago and realized it had been a REALLY long time since I sat down to record events and feelings. I am hoping that this will help me with my journaling on my scrapbooks later on when I forget all the little details. I will be able to come to this blog and print off my stories! My friend, Amber, suggested that I maintain a blog a really long time ago. I am pretty sure she uses her blog for that very same reason.

I am also working on learning how to use this new software that I purchased to create cutting files for digital craft cutters. I am planning on posting what I make on my blog so that I can share files with others. It may be a while before I can come up with some good stuff, so if you are reading for that purpose, please bear with me!

I have been maintaining my eBay/Etsy scrapbooking group blog for some time now. Check it out when you get a chance... http://www.paperdesigns4u.blogspot.com/. I really love changing it up and making new headers and such. It is really fun!

1 comment:

Amber H. said...

Joanna, I have to say, I'm SO excited you decided to do this! Yes, I am the same way. I don't keep up with a regular journal, so now my blog is mine. It is a great way to be motivated to record all of the fun little moments that you would otherwise forget about! Also, you can download your blog to blurb.com and print it out into books....just like a journal. It's all pretty exciting! Anyway, I'm glad you finally caved and did it! I can't wait to see all of your adventures :o)